Why Thompson Advising
Nearly 25 years of experience advising premedical students provides me with unparalleled expertise. I know the intricacies of the medical school admission process, am a premed expert, and have in-depth knowledge of what medical schools are seeking that will benefit you.
The applicants I advised in the past 20+ years achieved an acceptance rate to medical school of over 98%, many to the nation’s leading medical schools. In the 2014-2016 application cycles clients were admitted to a range of schools, including those listed below and many others:
Cornell (both MD and Tri-Institutional MD-PhD program with Rockefeller/Sloan-Kettering)
NYU (both MD and MD-PhD)
Stanford (both MD and MD-PhD)
University of California-Davis, University of California-Irvine, UCLA (both MD and MD-PhD), UCSD, UCSF
University of Chicago-Pritzker
University of Kansas
University of Maryland
University of Massachusetts
University of Miami
University of Michigan
University of Missouri
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
University of Rochester
University of Southern California
University of Texas-Houston (MD-PhD program), University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston, University of Texas-San Antonio, University of Texas-Southwestern, Texas A&M (MD-PhD)
University of Virginia
University of Washington
Washington University (both MD and MD-PhD)
Comprehensive knowledge of all components of the medical school admission process, from the primary application to secondaries to interviews to letters of intent, equips me to guide you. I have read and refined thousands of essays and conducted hundreds of mock interviews to help students reach their goals.
Thoughtful Advising and Insight
Extensive experience advising applicants through each step of the medical school application process has given me insight. I will help you thoughtfully devise the best medical school application possible, while assessing your strengths and weaknesses as an applicant.
I devote my undivided attention to helping you craft the best application. I take on a small number of clients to maximize your results. I am dedicated to your success and want to help you get into medical school.
I teach you how to assess and highlight what makes you a distinctive medical school applicant.
Non-Traditional and Post-Bac Applicants
As the former director of two post-baccalaureate premedical programs I have extensive experience with nontraditional applicants; I understand this population well and provide expert guidance to these applicants.
Liza Thompson has developed in-depth knowledge and expertise in premedical advising and the medical school application process in a career spanning nearly 25 years. As a medical school admissions consultant, she offers clients her vast experience, giving them the information, guidance, and results they seek. Her credentials are listed below:
- Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Vassar College
- Pogue Fellowship recipient for graduate study at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Master's degree in education, with a focus on at-risk premedical students
- Former director of Johns Hopkins and Goucher Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Programs
- 23 years of experience advising premedical students
- Former representative for post-bac programs in the Northeast to the National Association of Advisors in the Health Professions
- Former member of the National Membership Committee of the National Association of Advisors in the Health Professions
- Former member of the Johns Hopkins Premedical Education Committee
- Extensive knowledge of individual medical schools and what each is seeking from applicants